Sunday 6 September 2020

DFI - Devices

 


Screenshots from the Digital Dig on a Chromebook


This week for DFI we had some hands on practice with iPads, Chromebooks, Explain Everything and Screencastify. 
Although I don't teach with Chromebooks as my class is a 1:1 iPad class, it was useful to learn tips for Chromebooks as I may teach with them again in the future. In previous years, I taught older students using Chromebooks and wasn't always confident with some of the questions students asked when they were stuck on their device, so today was handy! I liked doing the Digital Dig as the keyboard shortcuts were useful and learning about how to magnify the screen was helpful- I've specifically had issues with the zoom function in the past on Chromebooks.

The above Screencastify video was made using the Manaiakalani Cybersmart site. I practiced using Screencastify by choosing one Cybersmart area that I would like to work on with my class - and that is quality blog comments. I haven't personally used Screencastify before and realised how easy it is to use when explaining how to do something on screen. I loved how quick it was to save and upload the video. I will definitely be using Screencastify with my class! In the past, I've had children use it to record themselves reading a story and uploading it to their blog, but I would like to personally use it now. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sharisse,
    It's great to see you using Screencastify and identifying the benefits of this great tool! Distance learning sounds like it's given you some really valid points to reflect on this year and this will no doubt guide your foci heading forward. It's wonderful that you found Screencastify so easy to use - it really is a great tool and one that's well worth mastering. Keep up the great blogging and I'd love to hear all about what you use Screencastify for over the coming weeks.
    Have a great week,
    Amie

    ReplyDelete